Hire our hall
New material for the later years in the Abbey's history will be published as it is compiled, but there are still interesting bits and pieces on this page - scroll down to view more information about the Parish Church.
This photograph of the Clergy, Choir and Servers comes from 1940 and is a hand-coloured copy. The photograph was taken by Dudley's, whose business was then run from a studio at 63 Abbey Street, and was coloured by Nancy Noon, better known to many people by her married name, Nancy Savage. Nancy may well have also taken the photograph.
This coloured copy was given to Fr Mackley and was returned to the Abbey by the Churchwardens of his last parish at Harbury, when he retired in 1983.
We are delighted to have this copy and thank Michael Williams for having it framed. The original hangs in the Choir Vestry.
We are very fortunate at the Abbey to have some wonderful stained glass windows - both old and new. Please click on the image above for a history of our windows compiled by Wendy Williams.
Wendy Williams also complied a record of items that have been donated to the Parish Church - please click on the image above to read it.